Tuesday 14 October 2014

Long distance loving'....

How cheesy huh?
It always happens when you least expect it...I met a boy in June of this year, Alec, who I've known of through mutual friends and twitter (so weird). After a couple of month of intense dates and trips up to Newcastle to spend weekends together it was getting serious...then off i went for 3 weeks inter railing round Europe. Mid trip I found out I had gotten a job in America for a year. It's fair to say it shook shit up, technically we had been only seeing each other 2 months and we had to decide where we were going with this.... as you can probably guess we chose to make a go of it. We spent the most amazing 4 days in London as I was getting my visa (a bittersweet)and he was there to see me off at the airport and has been the most amazing support system I could ever imagine. It's fair to say that this month so far has been difficult and whenever I'm a little homesick I think 'why have I left this boy behind for a year, what have I done'. But in today's technology; Skype, Whatsapp and FaceTime it should be easy right? But there's still a balance to be had, to still enjoying my experiences over here and not being glued to my phone contacting him.  However he has already booked over to come spend the week in NYC with me in January, perks of having an (temporary) american girlfriend I'm sure.
It feels crazy that it's come to this and I never expected to be in this position when I applied for it.




Hula Hula xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment