Sunday 9 February 2014

City girl - LONDON

Recently i got the opportunity to go to London for a really exciting opportunity - an interview to be an au pair in America! My friend Lauren also had a training day in London on the Thursday too so we decided to go Wednesday and make a trip of it

Cue disaster
I eagerly woke up on Wednesday morning to find a text off Lauren telling me that she'd actually booked the wrong day for the hotel, although it was an obstacle number one ,we quickly rang the hotel and the kind lady at the desk sorted it out for us.
Then the second obstacle came head on - Lauren was stuck in Middlesbrough when our train was in Newcastle , I quickly told her to make her way to Darlington where the train stopped anyways , and when she confirmed she was en route to Darlo I relaxed a bit... all ready I made my way to the train station collected the tickets and settled down on the train ready to go , sorting out the tickets I realised  that I'd booked the wrong time train - the 9.29 one instead of the 10:25 i was currently sat on. PANIC.  So i quickly rushed to the front of the train to see the guard , explained how everything had went majorly wrong , fortunately he was super kind , told me it wasn't a busy train and to take a seat anyways . PHEW . Things were finally sorted until we realised that there was actually a tube strike on so entering London was pretty daunting since I've only ever used the tube. Dun dun dunnnn - aside from all that we actually managed alright and ill give you a quick overview of what we did

Arrived in London
Managed to get the tube to Oxford Street
Shopped in the mega ass topshop (beautiful place)
Walked down oxford street shopping
Made our way to our hotel in Kensington
Went out for dinner
Went to the pub , met a spanish man who would not stop buying us tequila - proceeded to get extremely drunk and stumbled back to our hotel

Day 2 - Interview day
I had already pre planned my outfit topshop treggings (tall) (£25) , the beautiful white oxford shirt from topshop that i got in the sale (£15) , my black doc marten chelsea boots (£80) , zara black bag (£60) , urban outfitters navy coat (mentioned in a previous post) (£27), topshop pork pie hat (£25). All pictured below 

               



Getting to bloody tunbridge wells was a feat in itself - long story short i ended up on a tour bus (i'm an idiot ) where the driver was extremely kind and helped me get to charing cross.
My interview was great ( i got it )
I came back we went to camden to mooch through the market , grabbed a slice of pizza and went for a few drinks in Amy Winehouse's local.
We then made our way back to central London where we went and looked at a Banksy piece (Lauren loves him) after this we made our way home.

Wow i feel exhausted just writing that.
But honestly i feel London is such a thriving place , i'm in love with it and I'm really hoping to live there for a couple of years when i'm back from America. I think ill be happy when i can master the tube!

Side note- Ive always held the belief that southerners might be a little bit unfriendly but holy shit was i proved wrong, every single person that I encountered on our trip went out their way to help me and one stranger even came up to me just to say ' you're so beautiful'. I wouldn't of got anywhere without all of their help. c ya soon LANDAN 

Hula Hula xoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment