Sunday 17 November 2013

Skincare

Skin Skin Skin.
As i'm getting older (hopefully not that old), I'm finally realising the importance of a skincare routine. I'm a girl that doesn't tend to wear makeup on a day to day basis and therefore thought it was time to invest in some good skincare products that would sort me out. Enter Kiehl's. A brand I've never really heard of until I saw a handsome bearded model tweet about it and then a shop pop up in Newcastle. I decided to pop in after reading some rave reviews online and see what the hype was about. The staff were lovely and asked me a few questions about my skin (it's quite dry and dehydrated at the moment) , I explained my current skincare routine was just a cleanser from Boots and usually waking up in last nights makeup. Surprisingly they didn't try to oversell me a cleanser and offered me a cucumber herbal toner and the ultra facial cream.


So , what are they like ?
The toner is designed for sensistive skin and is alcohol free (hooray!), and because of that doesn't really have a strong scent , its neither pleasant or unpleasant, but that's not really a big factor. The toner does feel your face leaving ultra refreshed  and hydrated and has tightened my pours over the past couple of weeks.


Next I put the ultra facial cream on, its fair to say I've completely fell in love with it . Once again this has no scent , but its super soft and silky when applying it , and a little goes a long way. I would say it's definitely recomennded for dry skin particularly. It leaves my face feeling dewy and refreshed and i've noticed it works quite well as a primer!
 

Overall ? I've fell head over heals for Kiehl's. A little bit pricey in comparison to everyday superdrug /boots products but well worth the money , and i can't wait to invest in a cleanser when mine runs out!
(Also the assistant gave me a tester fragrance of the nashi blossom and pink grapefruit fragrance and it smelt BEAUTIFUL) it's definitely on my next buy list!

Hula Hula

No comments:

Post a Comment